Monday, October 31, 2016

NaNoWriMo Is Tomorrow...

Guysguysguysguysguysguysguysguysguys...

NaNoWriMo is tomorrow! As of this very moment, we are a mere 13 hours away from the starting line. How has it come so fast? How is it already here?

Are you ready?

As for me, I have had my outline ready to go since December 2015, during my downtime between the frenzy of writing my first draft in NaNoWriMo 2015, and getting down to the nitty-gritty in revision. I reworked the beginning a final time last night, and because I was so into it, reading and posting on the forums, contacting old writing buddies, planning the final little story bits and making a checklist of things for myself to do before NaNo (which means, today), when I went to sleep late last night, I dreamed about NaNo. When I woke up, tons of lines for my book came soaring at me, rapid-fire. That's how I know I'm ready to write; when, all of a sudden, I am getting lines upon lines of prose and dialogue and other various others, it's time. So I think it's fitting that I am ready the day before, don't you?

However, if you are on the fence about NaNoWriMo, you aren't sure if you should try it, you don't know if you can write that much in a month, you don't have an outline... Whatever the excuse, I can assure you that it's lame. You've never written before? J.K Rowling wasn't born writing. You don't have an outline? Stephen King is an avid pantser, too. You don't think your good enough? You may not be, but you're sure not getting any better by sitting around wishing you were better.

So what are you waiting for? Time's a-burnin'! Get out there, get writing!

For those of you who, like me, have been ready for November to be here for months now, I say take a break. Go see a movie. Get your nails done. Have lunch with a friend. Go on a leisurely walk. But by all means, do not get sucked into doing nothing but story-stuff for the rest of the day! Goodness knows you'll have plenty of that in the coming weeks and months! Enjoy your last day as a writer not enslaved to your beautiful project.

And when tomorrow comes, I hope that you will slay that word count, and that you will get your story told. Only you can.

Until Tomorrow, then,
Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment