Tuesday, November 1, 2016

NaNoWriMo Journal- November 1, 2016

It has begun.

How in the world is it already here again? NaNoWriMo 2016 is well underway, and I am loving it. Looking forward to see what this year will hold for me.

So, I stayed up last night, watching the NaNoCountdown clock tick away the minutes to NaNoWriMo, and as soon as midnight struck, I opened my word processor and began.

Guys, I am so much better prepared this year. I wrote about 1,100 words last night before passing out. I slept through my alarm, so my writing day (with the sun up, that is) didn't actually begin until about 8:30 am, but I am going to get back into the swing of early mornings again, I promise you. And myself.

I have just made a decision. I am going to finish not only my 50,000 words this November, but my whole novel. I did it last year, but that was a smaller story, it seems. Maybe I'm just crazy (I am), but I think that this year's novel is going to be longer and bigger than last years. Here's hoping. I'd kind of like to write 60K this year, but that may not happen. Just a thought.

Unlike last year, I wasn't scared about beginning this year. I didn't have to start at my blinking cursor for five solid minutes before getting the courage to write. And so this morning, steaming tea in hand, I was able to start working again on my story, with a foundation to stand on that I wrote at midnight. I like this whole midnight thing; the anticipation was fun, it was cool to make my story begin right as the clock struck twelve, but I don't know if I'll do it every year. We'll see, then, won't we?

I am currently 2,350 words in and feeling pretty good. The only oopsie! moment that I had was this morning. I was trying to write the book in third person, but just couldn't get to feeling it, to hearing my protagonist's voice, so I changed it to first person. That took some time away from my writing, but it was okay. It was worth it, because the words are flowing much more easily now. I hope to hit 3,000 words today.

That's all I have for now. I hope that you are all having a wonderful first day of NaNoWriMo 2016!

Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment