Wednesday, November 2, 2016

NaNoWriMo Journal- November 2, 2016

Hello, Writerverse!

I hope that all of you are having a great first week of NaNoWriMo! I myself am having a pretty good time of it. I've written 2,521 words so far, and am getting my second wind. Hitting 5,000 this morning felt pretty good, I've gotta say.

In other news, I am heading to the mountains tomorrow and staying until Saturday. It's going to be loads of fun to be able to write in the mornings and hike in the afternoons. I will try to keep you all updated with what's going on as I try to keep up my word count and enjoy my time in the mountains, too!

So, if I am totally honest with all of you, I have to say that I have not been feeling the excitement of NaNoWriMo as much as I did last year. Maybe it's just because I haven't really been in my writing rhythm (ha, see the alliteration?). Maybe it's because the rest of my life is so crazy. Hoping it'll pass, and that I'll be pumped and ready when week two hits!

It's amazing how much I have forgotten, guys. I've forgotten about the temptations to revise as I go, forgotten how good it feels to create something new. To open up a new, blank document and make something great (or that will one day be great. Hopefully.). It's a feeling that nothing is comparable to.

That's all I've got for you guys. Let me know how your stories are coming in the comments below!

Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment