Friday, November 4, 2016

NaNoWriMo Journal- November 3-4, 2016

Well, everyone. I am in the mountains, as I told you. It is absolutely gorgeous up here. And it's still so warm, so I have been enjoying writing outside. It's quite wonderful.

Okay, so you remember how I was saying that I wasn't really feelin' it this year? Well, that has passed. Really, as soon as I hit 10,000 (I hit 10,000 words yesterday, guys! On day 3! Woot woot!) I got super excited. I am really doing this. I will win. I will have another completed novel before next year is out.

Outside of my cabin is a little table and some chairs. It's lovely weather, with a sky so vibrant it brings the world to life. I have been writing out here for a while. I'm really loving it. Maybe I should come to the mountains every November for NaNoWriMo. If it helps my word count so much, that might be the best thing to do!

But write is not all I have done. I've been hiking, climbed a water tower (yes, like I did last year. Except I didn't almost die this time, so that's good.), I pet some donkeys for the first time. The views here where I'm staying are just incredible. I got to ride a golf cart to the summit today. My thighs are burning because I am not in shape, but hey, I'm a writer, not a hiker.

It's been a great, relaxing, refreshing weekend away from home so far. And, on top of that, I am writing like crazy, and getting some more life experiences under my belt! What more could I ask for?

My word count is to 12,169 right now, and though I know this book will need a lot of revision, I know what it is I am getting into this time around. That makes it a whole lot less daunting.

The sun is shining on the porch where I'm sitting, and there is a light breeze making the trees sway and dance. The colors are breathtaking. Of all the places I've ever written, this may well be my favorite.

What's your favorite writing space?

Anyway, I hope that all of you are having an absolutely swell NaNoWriMo 2016!

And, as always,

Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment